1·888·506·2669 - Sales | 1·804·794·1646 - General
Petrochem & Refining
IGS provides corrosion and erosion protection for critical processing equipment within the petrochemical and refining industries. The Company has developed unique materials and processes for some of the world’s leading oil and gas companies, delivering results well beyond market expectations. Most importantly for these and other accounts, IGS maintains a stringent safety program that meets the lofty standards of such customers as Chevron, Sasol, Eneos, and Total. Among the typical problems addressed with our Metalspray™ and Weld Overlay solutions include:
- Hydrogen sulfide (H2S) corrosion, hydrogen induced cracking (HIC), and blistering in amine contactors, regenerators, and flash drums
- Naphthenic acid, H2S, and hydrochloric acid (HCl) corrosion in atmospheric and vacuum crude distillation units and their overhead condensing systems
- Metal dusting and carburization in gas reforming
- Organic acid corrosion in scrubbers, recycle and oxygenate removal columns in ammonia, and LPG recovery, olefins and lube oil plants
- Sour water corrosion of heat exchanger channels, tube sheet faces, end covers, and separator drums
- Corrosion in utility boilers using bitumen feedstock in bitumen conversion facilities
- High temperature oxidation, corrosion or hotspots in fluid catalytic crackers (FCCs), cat crackers, hydrogen plants, and sulfur recovery units (SRUs)
- Stress Corrosion Cracking
- Various means of corrosion on external surfaces of outdoor vessels.
For a more extensive listing of typically serviced petrochem and refinery vessels, click here.